CPD accredited Dementia Awareness training – virtual open workshops available in February and March.
Around 90,000 people in Scotland live with dementia, a number expected to double in the next 25 years. As changes to retirement make working beyond age 65 common, more people will experience early symptoms of dementia while in employment.
Many workers are also unpaid carers for someone who has dementia and a growing number of customers who use your organisation’s products and services will be affected by dementia, directly or as a dementia carer.
Age Scotland’s next CPD accredited Dementia Awareness open workshops:
- 25th February 2021 – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- 31st March 2021 – 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Open Dementia Awareness workshops are available to anyone with a professional and personal interest in dementia. They are perfect for employers who would like to book places for a smaller number of employees as well as individuals looking to gain CPD hours. They provide 3 CPD hours and are priced at £49 +VAT.
This tailored virtual workshop aims to ensure your managers, HR team and customer-facing staff are better informed and aware of dementia in the workplace. Some of the topics covered include:
- Signs, symptoms and risk factors of dementia.
- Communicating effectively with someone living with dementia and understanding their needs.
- Employer legal obligations.
- Supporting an employee or customer living with dementia.
- Workplace support for employees who are carers of someone living with dementia.
- Understand the signs and symptoms of dementia.
- Feel empowered to understand the needs of someone living with dementia.
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with someone living with dementia, whether a customer or co-worker.
- Help foster a positive working culture in which staff with dementia or caring for someone with dementia, feel supported by both their employer and co-workers.
- Work with your organisation to develop more dementia-inclusive practices as part of its commitment to support vulnerable clients and colleagues.
- Managers and HR teams will understand how to support employees who may be living with early stage dementia or are carers.
- Adopt healthy working lifestyles that reduce the risk of dementia.
Read more about why greater dementia awareness in organisations is so important and how a better understanding of dementia can benefit both employers and employees in our age at work blog.
For more information on these or forthcoming workshops, or to book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org