Are you an experienced Learning Designer looking for your next move? If so, we are currently recruiting for this role to be based in our Perth office. For more information, please read on…
Base Location: UK, flexible
Salary: £29,290 – £38,685 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
SSE Human Resources is made up of several operational and specialist teams who strive to help the business to design, develop and deliver their people strategies. We partner with the business to provide expert advice on all people matters, enabling them to get the best out of their teams and equip them to meet the changing demands of our business now, and in the future.
What is the Role?
The role of the Learning Designer is to work as part of a team to create learner led high quality multimedia learning that supports SSE in delivering its strategic goals. Continue to develop personal skills and competencies in your field to influence and support the move to digital learning.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role you should ideally have the following:
– Experience of working within an environment where the 702010 model of learning is adopted
– Knowledge and experience in adult learning theory and practice, as well as current educational methodologies (including problem-based learning, goal-based scenarios, situated learning etc.)
– Experience of Learning tools and methodologies
– Understanding and application of project management principles e.g. quality review processes, stage-gates and signoff points with clients, and how these apply to the learning design process
– Ability to use Microsoft packages and increasing SSE technology capability (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences and to generate trust and confidence in individuals at all levels both within and outside the organisation
– Ability to design interactive training content utilising software tools including Rise, Articulate 360 and Adobe Creative Cloud. understand the training cycle
– Understanding of SCORM
– A working knowledge of Oracle eBusiness suite
– Experience creating instructional videos
– A desire to achieve high standards
– Experience in client management and consultation
– Using individual creative ability while being able to work within Corporate Brand guidelines
– Ability to manage a portfolio of projects
– Ability to creatively solve problems
You will also have a can-do attitude as well as a flexible attitude to working environments and have the ability to work alone or as part of a team. You will be self-motivated and have enthusiasm, flair and imagination also to identifying and taking opportunities. Having the ability to cope with multiple and changing demands to meet tight deadlines and exercises sound judgement in face of conflicting pressures would also be advantageous. Being an effective and persuasive communicator with a high degree of personal credibility is also required.
We’re committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with: Kimberlee.firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you’ll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Perth preferred but will consider other locations