Duties will include:
– Managing and taking ownership of portfolio of cases including sequestrations, liquidations, administrations
– Plan and manage the effective, professional and efficient flow-through and completion of Restructuring casework for selected cases ensuring:
- Case strategy is planned
- Case related problems identified developing the breadth of technical knowledge to solve these
- Instruct solicitors on all case matters as approved by the IP
- Perform initial interviews, Partner/Director or Senior Manager support if necessary, with directors or debtors in complex or trading cases or where there are significant assets
- Deadlines, budgets and partner/ director/ stakeholder expectations are met
- Inform the Restructuring Partner/Director/Senior Manager early of issues and opportunities which will impact on the expected fee, the stakeholder relationship or the service delivery and assist in explaining the fee to the AIB/ bank/ stakeholder
- Work is completed in line with the firm’s Restructuring policies and procedures and other relevant policies and quality standards
- Casework you are responsible for is handled effectively and correctly from start to finish and there are no surprises for the partner/ director or stakeholder
- Keep people informed, manage deadlines and priorities
- Manage external relationships by ensuring prompt responses to letters and calls
- Conclusions are focused, complete and reasoned
- Write reports on complex matters to banks and liquidation committees
- Direct and conduct all but the largest cases without supervision, both corporate and personal
- Lead, control and direct several large complex cases at once
- Begin to raise fees and perform WIP valuations
- Control debtor’s ledger, collection and provisioning
- Assist the local Restructuring Director with their work as required, e.g. regulatory reviews, internal reviews, complex case work, local record keeping and reporting
- Manage the office’s statutory deadlines and report on these internally and centrally at least monthly.
- Manage the firm’s exposure to Restructuring risk for own and team’s casework, e.g. by consulting with Restructuring Director
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders, contacts and colleagues
- Support business development initiatives locally and across Scotland
- Drive forward streamlining of processes for new and existing service lines
- Be willing to be involved in Ad hoc restructuring and insolvency related projects
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have insolvency experience and you will either already have passed the Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency examination or have a desire to study towards that qualification to build your technical skills and knowledge.
Candidates should be prepared to work towards gaining proficiency in the use of our firm’s software systems and processes. You will have strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail. You will have good knowledge of an insolvency case management system such as IPS, time/practice management systems and MS Office Packages, including being experienced in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Candidates must be flexible in their approach and able to attend client sites as and when required. A full, clean, UK driving licence must be held.